Thursday, July 28, 2011

WS Section 31-35

After reading sections 31-35 out of our textbook, I conclude that it is just a overview of what Dr. Sonia Begert has been going over with us in class.

  • Section 31 Introductory Paragraph
  • Section 32 Body Paragraph
  • Section 33 The Concluding Paragraph
  • Section 34 Paragraph Hooks and Transitions - a paragraph hook is a device used to connect one paragraph to another smoothly. While transition usually connects one sentence to another. (examples of hooks and transitions: "The second step" serves as a hook; "consequently" serves as a transition word)
  • Section 35 Guidelines for Writing a Good Essay. It goes over the fifteen steps to helping you write a good paper. These steps below are the ones mentioned, that I plan to follow whiling writing my thesis-Driven essay:
  1. Think through the topic sentence.
  2. Consider the audience and purpose.
  3. Formulate your thesis sentence.
  4. Evaluate your thesis sentence for audience appeal and specific purpose.
  5. Outline your essay.
  6. Determine what support to include-examples, details, descriptions.
  7. Write a preliminary/first draft.
  8. Edit your draft.
  9. Have a classmate respond to the draft.
  10. Revise the second draft.
  11. Get more feedback.
  12. Revise accordingly.
  13. Proofread and correct.
  14. Write (type) your final draft.
  15. Submit your final draft.
We have been going over outlines, paragraph structure, rough drafts, proofreading, etc. I have my outline, my thesis statement, my concluding paragraphs to follow giving specific to the general thesis statement. I have had numerous rough drafts, proofread both in class and by other people I know, and have just completed rewriting the essay for the fourth time. I feel this information was very helpful and informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment