Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Who You Are As A Student - English 99 Assignment

     My only regret in life, is not going to college immediately after high school. These are life lessons we can tell our children about, so they can learn from our mistakes. When my husband Kenny became ill, I immediately went from housewife / stay-a-home mom to full time advertising sales. It was time to take care of  my family! After returning from a medical trip with my husband, I would soon find out I lost my job of 5 years.

     Which brings me to Olympic Community College…. Economic times as we all know, and for many of us - are bringing us back to school. With my husband being ill, I have decided that I need to make sure I have a degree to fall back on.  I can sit at home and struggle for the next two years or at the end of the two years have a degree. So I have decided, I will be attending Olympic Community College for the next two years for Medical Assisting. After taking care of my husband for so many years, I want to continue helping others, I find it very rewarding.

     I will be honest with you, I stewed about my first day of college, I was scared. I felt overwhelmed, but I think it went very well.  It is strange to look at a piece of paper and know that a college adviser has your college education mapped out for you for this period of time.

     This starts a new chapter in my life, “The College Years”, and as a student here at Olympic College, I strive to do my best, plan on taking all the challenges that come my way. I love learning new things, and have a lot of creativity.  I am here today to show my children and our family that we are going to be okay and that no matter what happens to you in life, you must always find the good out of the bad, take one day at a time, live life to your fullest, and know that with a little determination…. Life is what you make of it! Over the last six years I have had to wear many hats, sometimes I have even had to wear more than one hat a time. Now at the end of this educational path, I can add my OC graduation cap to my collection. Who am I as a student, I guess we will see in the weeks, months and years to come. I am very grateful for the opportunity and plan on taking full advantage of all its worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment