Thursday, July 21, 2011

Stand & Deliver - My Thoughts and Observations

The last three days of observing the movie, Stand and Deliver, gave me lots of inspiration. I observed a school that was much like Mike Rose attended. The facility had the students LABELED and it doesn't give them full advantage for them to be all that they can be. Having a teacher in the school system that is able to stand up for the students, seeing that they have full potential means a lot. I have experienced a school with bad teaching structure and the damage that it does to your self-esteem, can effect you for a lifetime.

I observed that in the beginning the students didn't have no respect for the teacher, until he pushed them to their full capacity. After giving them the support and structure that they were needing, did the teacher win the respect he deserved. This teacher was always there for his students, made learning fun and stood behind the students, especially when they were being falsely accused. It is a shame that other teacher out there have to label children. Everyone has a special talent, we just have to find our forte in life!

After watching this movie, it motivated me to get my thesis-driven essay on Observed Education. I looked forward to perfecting it over the upcoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment