Monday, July 18, 2011

Cheers To Paper #2 ~ Thesis Statement

Well, after writing my literacy narrative, which will make writing this paper a little easier.

I just turned in my report - The Importance of Self-Esteem, referencing back to my elementary years in the first school I attended. I did not have good teachers, this being said, I will continue forward to write my thesis continuing my story about my favorite teacher.

Mrs. Montgomery was the most outstanding teacher of all times, because she was dedicated to children (s) education and not just about her well being. She didn't care about whether she had to spend one on one time with a particular child. If you needed her - even after you were out of her class and advanced to the new grade... she was always there for you.

Her teaching style was awesome. She would always have special projects for each topic. The best time I ever had in her classroom was when she was teaching us about different countries around the world. For this project she had us do a cooking venture and each student was assigned a dish to bring in. Sweden was my topic and for my dish Swedish meatballs that my mom helped me make.

Mrs. Montgomery knew about my horrible elementary past and she was also able to help me through those hard times I would face from time to time. She helped students set goals and achieve each one.

No matter what the situation, we always found the good out of the bad. Till this very day, I do the same thing. We must all count our many daily blessings.

I admire her so much and think of her often, especially now that I am a mother. She may have been my teacher, but her positve influences will never be forgotten.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great teacher. I had a teacher like that too back in high school. He was awesome. He was there for the kids no matter what. I'm sure glad that you finally got a teacher that was better than your other ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like my old teacher Mrs. Le Roy! She was an excellent teacher, and always had really cool teaching styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish that I would have had a teacher like that when I was in school. I struggled a lot when I had to change schools and did not know anyone. I am glad you have a positive experience to write about.

    ReplyDelete