Friday, July 8, 2011

Pre-Writing I've Used Successfully In The Past

It is like we are quilters designing a quilt top with fabric all over the floor or a musician waiting to hit that one right note..... pre-writing is much similar.

Countless hours after dinner my grandmother would sit at the dining room table and help me with my homework. She would help me with my English homework every night, no matter how long it took, she was there to help me succeed. Call me crazy, but I looked forward to growing up. When I had to do book reporters I can remember her helping me with outlines.

Growing up, every other year we would get to go on vacation with our grandparents - somewhere far away from home. A great adventure, somewhere we had never been. My grandma would journal our trips and we would write them together. She told me to have a journal, that it is a great way to preserve your memories. She would cluster a lot and we would have so much fun doing that together.... It helped up map our way back through our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment