Monday, July 11, 2011

Unit 1 Section 9. Exercises (The Writing Process)

Section 9. Exercises (The Writing Process)

A. Exercise 1

Student’s Self - Evaluation of Writing Skills and Practices


Strengths in grammar, punctuation, composition: I’m creative with words and ideas
Weakness in grammar, punctuation, composition: I get very wordy on one thing, may bounce around
Things I like about writing: How it makes me feel. It is like a blank piece of canvas to paint.
Things I dislike about writing: Writer block
Good habits in writing and study skills: Organization, determination
Bad habits in writing and study skills: Getting frustrated, disappointing myself, misunderstanding directions

B. Exercise 2

1.) I love being to express thoughts and using your imagination. Seeing ideas come to life. What frustrates me the most is writers block. Lately it seems I suffer a lot from this but hope this class will help.

2.) The longest assignment I ever had to write was my Jr. Thesis. In order to pass 11th grade my History Teacher, Mr. Amato assigned topics. I was hopeful because other classmates were being assigned fun and interesting people, please, and what did I get assigned…. The Panama Canal. I thought to myself, great this is 80% of my Jr. grade to become a senior. I get to write on dirt, water and the makings of a ditch. I had to write a thesis in all stages. From planning to the final draft. My audience consisted of my History, Home Economics and English teacher. I passed my thesis, became a senior and while writing the thesis found that the Panama Canal was more than just dirt, water and the making of a ditch. It is history!

3.) Without writing, I think I’d be lost. Writing to me is like an unpainted canvas waiting to be painted. I love writing and have since I was a child. It is a way for me to get all my feelings out in the open. My biggest hinder is the road blocks from time to time.

C. Exercise 3

Planning & Prewriting will be the easiest for me because I love look back and thinking of happy times using my creativity and ideas - making them come to life.

What I find difficult is saying to much about one thing so drafting.

Finalizing everything into the final stages for me, afraid I am taking out what means the most.













































































 

No comments:

Post a Comment