Sunday, August 7, 2011

Just Thought I Would Share


MANAGING MANY HATS

by Michelle Jones

Life over the last almost six years, well has been a struggle, especially with a ill spouse..... It has changed my life forever. You never know what life is about until something so life changing happens to you and your family, that life turns into the great challenge. Illness affects the whole family - the patient, spouse, and children. You learn to count your blessings, take the good out of the bad and know that somewhere out there - someone is worse off than what your current situation is.

In order to deal with life you have to manage wearing different hats, have you ever thought out how many hats you wear and manage? This week I made a list of hats I wear and manage through out a days time:

My favorite hat to wear is being a Mother. The great gift from God is children. That is the nearest thing to Heaven for me, A CHILD. Ken and I have been blessed with two beautiful, healthy children.

From there this will lead you through my closet of many other hats. All different shapes, sizes and colors. For instance, I am also a Father at times, Nurse, Protector, Sounding Board, Fan, Magician, Cook, Maid, Lover, Individual, Teacher, Taxi Cab Driver, Maid, Organizer, Accountant, Baker, and now a College Student.

But we must remember this always - DO NOT loose the most important hat of all, the Comedian. Laughter the greatest anti-depressant and stress reliever of all times. If you don't have a sense of humor, you are doomed!

The most hardest hat not to be able to manage or wear is the Healer. I so want my husband to get better. If I were given one wish, it would be take my Kenny better, for him to be whole again. But with that you have to keep your faith, pray, and know that God will see you through the challenges that come your way. He has a plan, we may not see the plan now or immediately following or even agree with God's plan. But someday when we least expect it, he will lead us to that path of healing for Kenny.

Today I want to thank all of our family and friends that have been through everything with us. The good, the bad, the ugly. That have been of great support during these trying times, that drop everything to help when it is needed, and don't judge or give us grief when it is not needed. You are our family and we love you all. You are our sunshine when are days seem dark and lonely. You know who you are and we thank you. I think there is another hat for you - the Angel. 

2 comments:

  1. I thought I would share with you an article I wrote the beginning of the year, after returning from the Mayo Clinic with my husband. I love to write and wrote this as a thank you to our church family that helped us get Kenny to the Mayo Clinic. Have you ever thought about how many hats you wear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW.. keep pushing forward and being there you are a great person and a very strong woman!

    ReplyDelete